Thursday, May 6, 2010

Appetency.

Two things I crave for at this moment as the evening sun shines into my room.

1. The Universe.
2. Koi.

These craves and desires are actually wants and not needs. But what's life without your wants? Today I made a random decision:

After our papers, we heard news about the upcoming June holidays Science Study Camp. So we have papers being passed down the row. One of the forms was one that requires us to tick our food choice - vegetarian or halal.

I was expecting to see 1 entire row of ticks on the halal side but I was surprised when I saw 2 ticks on the vegetarian side. And that made me wonder if they ticked it wrong or not. So I concluded with the 2 possibilities that either they wanted to save the earth be generating less CO2 and be kind souls to animals, or they made a mistake.

So that made me think, why kill animals when you are given a choice not to kill?

Imagine this, every decision you make holds an impact. No matter how small that decision is, the universe is big enough to amplify it. Just a tick on the paper is a life that you choose to kill. I am not telling all of you to become vegetarians. Even I'm not one! It's hard really. But we can choose to be different and make better decisions for ourselves.

So I ticked the vegetarian column and passed the form down.

Just a pebble in the water
Can set the sea in motion
A simple act of kindness
Can stir the widest ocean
If we show a little love
Have we know what we could change
So throw a pebble in the water and
Make a wave
Make a wave

- Make A Wave

PS: I later on learnt that they took the vegetarian column by mistake. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment