Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Want A Travel-On-Foot Day


I find myself very separated from the world sometimes.

We all live life at a fast pace. Ever since the wheel was invented more than 5,000 years ago humans have been trying to invent ways to travel faster an faster. Plus, with our noise cancelling earphones plugged in and the ease of access to virtual interactions like Facebook and SMS, it's no wonder we don't realise the many beautiful things that pass us by in life. Many of us have come to the point of being so closed up that, if given the choice and technology, would prefer to teleport from one place to the other and skip all the traveling in the middle.

I think modern day technology has made traveling less time consuming but at the same time, less interesting. Yes, of course traveling 70-100 km/hr underground on the North-East line of the MRT might seem to get you there fast but it is also incredibly boring. I feel like I am trapped underground! I guess it's a good time to reflect on your day while trying to maintain your balance on the train, but I still prefer to ride a bike or go on foot if given the time and energy to do so! And for the record, I think bus rides are more interesting than underground train rides.

It's is disheartening to see many people live life like an office worker eating a rushed lunch. We just want to get it over and done with! I am guilty of that too. So, I wanna have day where I live life slowly. I want to spend a day of the week traveling on foot and that will also help me familiarize with the roads of Singapore and give me stronger legs.

P.S. I finally synchronized my blog's time with the Singapore time. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment