Saturday, July 24, 2010

Physical Death.


When I saw my tortoise this morning, I knew it wasn't good. The labored breathing, swelling of the eyes, pale mouth and infections have gotten worse. My parents care for them too, but with little knowledge. Finally after so long, I decided to search for a turtle vet in Singapore. I found one online but I feel that I am a little late in doing so. I feel smart but at the same time, stupid.

When an illness catches up with our bodies, it is going to make it weaker and more vulnerable, as if telling us that it is almost time for our spirits to be free from this shell that we have been living in. Our bodies will suffer from this but our spirits shall always be healthy.

So the next time you see a cancer patient or someone that is very ill, remember that it is only the body that is ill. Not the spirit itself.

And when you are ill, remember that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment