Sunday, December 12, 2010

Being Thankful.


Being thankful doesn't only help you to know how blessed you are, it also allows you to be positive.

My number 1 favourite quote used to be, "Everything happens for a reason." and that quote made me realised that everything bad will some how become not-so-bad after all.

To be honest, the cycle of good and bad always repeats itself. You can't smile forever, right? But this cycle allows us to know what is happiness and what is sorrow. If someone never had an experience in a pitch black room where he couldn't even see his fingers, chances are, he wouldn't think it's possible for anywhere to be that dark!

What I am trying to say is, we shouldn't only be thankful for the things that benefit us, we should also be thankful for the things that obstruct us and the things that takes things away from us. We should be thankful for the darker times that teaches us to cherish our brighter days.

Without them we wouldn't be as strong as we are today.

PS:
I am thankful for the gym instructor that called me a Toufu when I was struggling to do a 20 pound chest press. Because of him, I can now lift more than that. (Although he still calls me a toufu whenever he sees me. Sigh.)

PPS:
The picture above is a toufu. And yes, I spell tofu as "toufu". Have a problem with that? :X

No comments:

Post a Comment