Monday, November 15, 2010

Evangelism.


While I was walking home after having my breakfast, I met an evangelist who stopped by and talked to me about God.

As usual, I would play 'Jesus-freak' with her and pretend that I am 'her kind'. She later on advertised about her church and told me to drop by on Saturdays and I said, "Sure. Sure." and filled up the form for membership in their church. I was let off about 10 minutes later after writing random names, numbers and a fake email address.

Another person who argued with the evangelist about the existence of God got lectured waaaay longer than 10mins. She had survey forms to fill and a whole load of brochures about God.

In my humble opinion, this is no different from the propaganda led by the Japanese army during their occupation in Singapore. Although evangelists do not kill anyone, they force their opinions on others and expect people to be persuaded. To me, it is just a 'civilised' way of tying a person on to a torture rack and not letting him go until he agrees with your point of view.

But I am glad not all Christians are like that. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment