Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Last Card.

As the teacher called my name, I received my report card from her hands. There was no tension and anxiety as I already knew how I've faired. I opened my report book and slot the last card in and smiled.

The past four years had been more thrilling than a bungee jump, far more dramatic than a soap opera and way more confusing than a cave but somehow, I survived.

Looking through my report book, I noticed certain fluctuations in my results and realised that they spoke loudly about my situation at that period of time.

Secondary 1 was a slack and easy-going year. The year where you go, "Aha! I am in secondary school. I am a cool kid now." This is also a year where simply listening to the teachers can ensure you a grade B.

Secondary 2, the news spread like wild fire about the fact that I was not straight. Although I pretty much don't have a social circle in school, I was in a relationship. Lucky me, I dated someone way above my standards when it comes to school work (which somehow made me want to catch up and study hard), so I guess thats how I got 3-4 grade A(s) for the all the 4 terms.

Then secondary 3 came hard on me. The subjects were more complicated and my grades sky-dived without a parachute. It was only the first term and I received my first F9. It was a slap in the face. What I thought was impossible actually happened. I flung almost every one of my subjects by term 2. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, my relationship fell apart and I was pretty much a zombie. But thank the Goddess, someone inspiring came into my life and he is known as Mr. Darius Lim, my conductor. Through the music pieces he composed, he spoke to me messages that couldn't be put into words. Messages like how life should be treasured and how I am not the only lonely one. He had no clue about what I am going through, but somehow, I am able to relate to these choral pieces and I fell in love with my CCA once again. My grades came back in red during the last semester.
L1R4 Aggregate: 32
L1R5 Aggregate: 41
Promotion Status: Retained at S3 Express Advanced to S4 Express *Miss Aljunied's signature*
That was the longest promotion status I have ever seen.

Secondary 4. I made quite a lot of friends, my social circle was growing rapidly and my ego grew with it. I felt that I was less humble and way stronger than anyone but that only lasted half a year. "This feeling like a superstar shit is pretty cool, but I need to study." I told myself. I made decisions, some were right, some were wrong but on the whole, I guess I made the right decision. because my grades shot up and I can have a glimpse of my grade A(s) again. Not very fantastic results, but I am still working hard!
L1R4 Aggregate: 17
L1R5 Aggregate: 25

Promotion Status:
Nobody knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment