Monday, October 10, 2011

The Importance Of "I"


I apologise in advance for the disappointment that will come as you continue to read this post but I am not a perfect person.

If you read my blog often, you would notice that many of my post are about general life advice. Advice on how to be more positive and happy in life. Truth is, I only discover those things as I type out my post. Most of my posts are unplanned and untried. I can be telling you how changing small things in your life can lead to great outcomes but yet I have never tried that before! So for that I find myself quite irresponsible for what I post sometimes.

BUT THIS POST IS DIFFERENT.
I have tried this on my own and it works so I am introducing it to you.

When I type my previous posts, I tend to use the word "you" a lot when the problem really comes from me instead. For example,
"Everything happens for a reason. If it wasn't because of the things that happened in the past, you wouldn't be at this state today. Whether your current state is good or bad, you are in it for a reason too."

Instead it should be written as,
"Everything happens for a reason. If it wasn't because of things that happened in the past I wouldn't be at this state today. Whether my current state is good or bad, I am here for a reason."

Now I want you to try to think of a statement that reflects a common problem within you and your friends and SAY IT OUT using the word "you" for the first time and then try changing "you" to "I" for the second time.

How different are the two statements in terms of the emotions produced?
Which one has more impact?

For me, the effect of using the world "I" helps me reflect better and realise more. I believe that using the word "I" helps me to generate a motivation for change in the subconscious mind and also brings me to the point of self-actualisation.

You = Pointing my finger at others
Therefore, there will be less impact on myself

I = Pointing my finger at myself
Therefore, it is like admitting my fault and it has better impact on me.

Try it and see if it works for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment