Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Coping with loss.


Recently I have been thinking about losing things... Like, what if Taylor (my bike) gets stolen? What if my dog dies? What if I get attached, fall in love and then in up in a heart wrenching break up again? Will I be able to cope with it?

The fear of losing things has always been with me since I was young. I, being the crazy JJ fan that I was last time, always bought 2 or more JJ merchandises EACH just in case I lose them. I remembered spending 400 bucks on JJ merchandises for his 2006 Tour! That was really extremely crazy and now that I look back I feel like I wasted a lot of money.

Later when I grow up, I learnt that change is the only thing constant and that we must accept change because we can never avoid it. Losing an item or a life is also considered as a change and we must accept it.

I think the only way to cope with loss is to look at everything as a part of the universe. I am a part of the universe, my dogs are a part of the universe and all my future dogs are too a part of the universe. So I didn't really lose my grandma or anything, they are still within the universe, just in different forms or places.

Life goes on even after you lose something important. What happens in the future can never change what you once had! Never lose hope in making your life a fulfilling and joyous one. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment