Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Face Without A Name. (A short story)

The day you introduced yourself to me, I told myself, "I want to get to know her better." You're cute. And there's something about you that I like a lot and I don't know what is it. I just like you. I can't get my eyes off you. I can't help but notice your every movement. And when you smiled, even if it isn't for me, my heart pumps twice as fast. I'm afraid if I actually get to have a conversation with you, I might die of a heart attack. Yet, all we said that day was "Hi."

I'm not the kind of person who ever believed in love at first sight, but just the night before I met you, I was thinking about what kind of a girl I would like to meet. Me being a lesbian makes it harder because I need to find a girl who also happens to like girls. I came to a conclusion that the person I was thinking about probably didn't exist and I might have to settle for something less until... I found you.

For the next few months, I've been trying to get your attention. I opened a door for you, printed a copy of the music sheet for you, helped you keep the chairs after our CCA is over... I even walked you to the MRT after CCA but you were too deeply buried in your bunch of friends for me to ever reach you... I was just a random follower to you.

We parted ways at the MRT. You had your parents to fetch you home while I took the MRT with the rest as a random lonely follower. Your friends weren't that bad... They tried to include me into their conversation with small talk. They really tried to open me up. But I guess I was too closed up in my own thoughts. Thoughts about you. Thoughts about how you waved goodbye to everyone, "Bye, Aisha! Bye, Nat! Bye, Kim! Bye, Ron!" but when it came to me, it was just "Bye!"

I don't mind being just a name to a face to you. But then I realised that I don't even have a name! I am just a familiar face to you! That's how much you notice me after so long.

I guess I'm shy.
Maybe that's why.

It took random meet up for you to notice me. I was the only person... No wait, I was the only FACE you knew there and you didn't want to be alone. So we talked. And it turned out well. But at the end of it all... It was still a bye. You still didn't know my name.

I don't know if I still like you but I think I shouldn't.
A person like you doesn't deserve me.
Or maybe I should introduce myself better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment