Saturday, April 28, 2012

Love vs. Lust


While I'm waiting for my hair to dry (it's been awhile since I needed to do that) I shall blog about the difference between love and lust.

Lust: Strong Desire, sexual.

Love: Tender, passionate affection toward another person. Sometimes, sexual.

I used to think that with lust, there will surely be love and with love, there will always be lust. But I was wrong. 

Recently I witness a break up between a couple. It was due to the fact that the girlfriend was over possessive over the guy and didn't let him do the things he want. The girlfriend would often convince him to skip CCA and she would get angry if he didn't. She also asks him out for 'study dates' when all she wants is to do everything with him except study. The term 'study date' was just used to lure him out. Eventually, the guy wanted his freedom and he broke up with her.

His reason for the break up made me think about my past relationships and it's really sad to say that I have little experience for love. I mostly experience lust.

Love is a complicated mix between friendship, sex, and partnership. A good couple should be able to talk like best friends, work like cooperative partners in business, and have sex like... woohoo! 

Love is more than just lust. Love is about helping to make each other's life better not about adding extra stress to each other's life. Love is about understanding, patience, and trust. Love is about knowing that somebody is still gonna love you and accept you even if you tell them that you joined a cult. Love is unexpected. Love brings surprises. Love can give you hell, love can also take you to heaven.Love is like facing life as a team.

Love has to limits.
Love has no reasons.

Love is something I have yet to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment