Saturday, November 29, 2014

Made Up Stories (Part 2/2)

If you haven't read part 1, this wouldn't make sense to you so...
http://the-morphine.blogspot.sg/2014/11/made-up-stories-part-12.html

-

I started realising that it was a problem only when I had a little more friends during my secondary 3 & 4 years. My social circle was bigger and there were more and more lies. I was very careful to not let my different social circles meet each other because they would have a warped perception of each other through my stories.

By sec 3, my bubble of lies was already burst more times than I would like to admit... but that didn't stop me, what made me not want to lie anymore was the freedom in telling the truth.

Now, I know this is starting to sound like some morals essay but seriously though...Sometimes I would become very close to a friend to a point where she would introduce me to her other friends and I always felt slightly weird because I would never be able to do that. I am a different person within different cliques... mix two group of friends together and I would act as if I had split personality. On top of that, my friends didn't know me for who I am... They know me for who I try to be.

And it shouldn't be that way.

So I started to change... I didn't take back all my lies, so it's still up to you to figure out which one is a lie. But I did started telling stories truthfully. And the people that cared listened. No one left or stopped being friends with me just because I lived an average life.

It was nice to know that I could just be myself and still be loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment