Thursday, August 9, 2012

Forgotten

This year I have learnt that once you stop doing something, it is as good as you've never started. Taekwondo, piano, choir... These are the things I feel that I shouldn't have stopped. However, I couldn't prevent not stopping choir since SP didn't have choir. but I really really missed being in choir. And no matter how you can't hear GYSS choir when they sing (somehow), I still miss being in it.

Today I was with my Taekwondo people at Bishan CC for a National Day Celebration and GYSS choir performed. And to my surprise, I couldn't recognize anyone anymore!! I fel
t like I was never in the choir. It's sad but true... I think the choir will never be what I remember it as ever again. When I graduated, my conductor left, and I think it was quite a bad timing because if my conductor stayed, I think I would still be in the choir even though I had my O's!

But old things have to go for the new ones to take it's place.
My batch was a unique batch but this new batch is their's to treasure.

And as for taekwondo and piano, these are skills that will disappear after you quit. Of course there will be a base that remains, but if you don't practice these skills for years, you are just slightly better than the pure beginner.

I'm not expecting myself to do ALL of these things intensely, but I hope that I can just do a little of each everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment